Thursday, March 31, 2011

Galla (talk)

As he followed me onto the bed, I closed my eyes for a brief moment, trying to clear my head. I knew 100% that nothing would happen if I did not want it to happen so I wasn't worried. As I opened my eyes, Alex's face was right above mine, mere inches away. He had this body propped up on his arms and was just looking at me. I reached up and touched his face, feeling the now familiar texture of his skin.


He covered my hand on his cheek with his and said, "You are amazing"

Surprised at the comment I looked at him in confusion "I am?"

"You've had possibly one of the worst days of your life today but you've held it together. You had to go ID the body of your best friend, something that no one ever should have to do. Yes you cried, like every normal person should do but you've realized that you need to hold it together so those around you can hold it together," he said, leaning down to softly kiss my cheek.

looked at him silently for a minute "honestly Alex all that keeps running through my head is that the last time I saw him, we fought and I told him I hated him. In the back of my mind I knew, I guess that we'd make up and move on from this horrible time in our friendship, so I didn't make an effort to say anything to him before leaving for Seattle. I thought I'd let him suffer a little bit more. And now he's gone and I can't take it back," I said my voice breaking in the last few works as sobs started to wrack my body.


I felt Alex move off my body and pull me on top of me so I lay there half-sprawled on top of him and half on the bed. I don't know how long we lay there as i cried for all the regrets I had about Alex. Eventually the sobs turned to hiccups until i finally stopped crying as if running out of tears. Only then did Alex start talking "everyone has fights. That's a big part of any relationship and you deal with it. Kevin knew how much he meant to you and that you loved him. He knew that you would always be there for him. I know you regret telling him that you hated him but in your heart, you know you didn't and so did he. That's all that matters"

I lay there silently for a few minutes, thinking about what Alex had just said and finally nodded. I felt Alex's arms come around me once again, gently squeezing my waist. Alex started running one hand up and down my back in a soothing gesture. I felt the craziness and emotions of the day starting to fade and relaxed against him completely. I lay there with my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.


A moment later, I felt Alex pushing me to the side, completely onto the bed. I looked up at his as he leaned over me and reached up to kiss him.

"What was that for" he asked smiling

"For being you," I said settling back onto the bed "for being the amazing person today"

Leaning down he whispered "well I should get a better kiss for being so amazing today because that doesn't qualify at one" just before his lips touched mine.


Smiling under his lips, I opened my mouth and let him deepen the kiss. When we finally broke apart both of us were breathing hard and staring at each other. I looked him in the eye and knew that this was right.

I reached up and brought his face down to mine again feeling the butterfly troupe in my stomach start doing the salsa again. I felt his hand on my thigh as he moved it slowly up to my waist. He paused at my waist and slipped his hand under jacket and t-shirt. I shivered at the feeling of his rough callused hands in the small of my back. He broke the kiss and leaned up to look down at me. I could see the question in his eyes and nodded.

He pulled me up so I sat on the bed and up zipped my jacket, tossing it somewhere on the floor. I stopped his hands before he could go any further and said, "I think I’m going to go change. Get out of these jeans. Maybe you should too" and left before he could say anything otherwise.


I practically ran into my closet and closed the door, leaning against it. I looked at myself in the mirror on the wall and was startled to see the mussed hair and slightly swollen lips. Stepping out of my clothes, I looked at myself in the mirror, wondering what Alex saw when he looked at me. I ran my hand over my flat stomach and for once in my life thanked God for Jack forcing me to get into a habit of working out. Finally taking off my bra, i grabbed the long tank top i slept in during the summer and a pair of shorts. I stepped out of my room and saw that Alex wasn't on the bed anymore and went to the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth.

After I was done, I came back into my room and sat on the bed waiting for Alex. After a few minutes went by, I started to wonder if he wasn't coming back. Just as I was about to go look for him, he walked back into the room, dressed in a t-shirt and short.

He stopped at the door and looking at me said, "I wasn't sure if you wanted me to come back after you suddenly bolted from the bed"


In response, I got up and grabbed his hand, leading him into the room and to the bed before turning back to the door and looking it.

I turned back to the bed and...

No comments:

Post a Comment